Hello and welcome to the #Rotoloclass blog!
I’m your TA, @AlyssaHenry. It’s going to be an exciting semester, and there’s so much to look forward to…
We’ll be covering all kinds of topics, including: Twitter, location-based services, blogging, ROI, building an online presence as a brand, social media #fails, privacy, viral videos and more!
Professor Rotolo has also invited some really awesome guest speakers to Skype into class and talk about their professional experience using social media. You can see the full list here.
For the first time in the history of #Rotoloclass, we’ll be working together as a class to build a social strategy for a local organization… CNY Central! We’re happy to welcome them to the #Rotoloclass experience.
You can get started by following me, @rotolo, @rotoloclass and @cnycentral on Twitter (if you don’t have an account, make one!). You’re encouraged to use all your technology in class (dumbphones, smartphones, laptops, iPads, fax machines, tricorder, time turners…), just make sure you use the class hashtag, #rotoloclass, when you’re tweeting.
We’re looking forward to turning you into social media #rockstars!
One last thing… I hope you like Ke$ha.
Why? The mentioned below will bond people together and bring out their competitive side with some incentives. This will give @SCVNGR and @SyracuseU the engagement and traffic it needs.
- Scavenger hunt
- Complete challenges
- Check in at the Dome
- Prize: Halftime shot, winner announced at game, court side seats next game
- Check in to x amount of bars withing a certain time
- Order certain drinks submit pictures
- Group check-ins
- Prize: Drink specials, free entrance for the month
- Venture out
- Get to know the campus
- South, Mount, downtown, Syracuse Stage
- Prize: Syracuse gear, free gift cards (starbucks, chipotle, movie tickets)
School vs. School
- Create Challenges and games in individual schools
- Peer advisers (we already have a competition) see Julie Walas
- Capstone groups
- Team Bird (Library)
- Chess team, Swing dancers
- Prize: TA positions, Job positions
- Community service event check ins
- Check in to different houses
- Scavenger hunt during greek week
- Prize: bragging rights
Overall complete challenges get points
- Explore the school
Whitman students are seeking participants to answer their survey abour careers and recruitment in technology and social media.
Click here to complete the survey and help them out: http://ow.ly/4CHU6
All participants will be entered in a drawing to win a $20 Amazon.com giftcard.